Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Vacation - Day 1

For the last month I have had to drag my children out of bed at 7:30 a.m. kicking and screaming that they are too tired... This morning my youngest was up at 6:15 a.m. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Luckily the older one is still sleeping - though I think she's just awake and staying in bed because she can, and she wants to make a point.

I have no plan for today. My house is a wreck. My lawn is a jungle - the weeds have most definately taken over the garden... I would LOVE to spend the whole day getting it back to normal, but I fear my children will require entertaining. I love them, but I don't ever remember my mother having to create our fun. We were told to go outside and play and called only to have lunch and dinner or to come in when it got too dark. Not so these days.

I may take them to the lake where I can at least get a swim in. I have been spinning this week, but nothing else. I will bike and run tomorrow, but I feel like a big slacker this week. Hopefully I be able to get my stuff together and work hard over the next 3 weeks. Danskin approaches and I would really like a PR. Better transitions and a faster run will do it. I know it is possible...

No comments: