Friday, January 29, 2016

The Big Sigh...

I'm not gonna lie - yesterday was a tough day. First a meeting at the school to figure out how to teach my teen - help her to pass, keep her engaged and stable.... Second, a meeting with DH and her team to work on the plan at home. I felt pretty good when I left the school, that her team (with a few exceptions) is on board and interested in helping and not mired in excuses. I was more distressed that the DH called an hour before the second meeting to say how busy he was at work and he didn't think he'd make it...

Frustrated, mad, seething mad... embarrassed... lots of emotions that I had to get together before I walked into the building. Thankfully I had the time wrong by an hour and took the opportunity to impress on the DH how important it was that he show up and phrased it so it appeared we were going to wait for him - giving him no choice but to come... And he was still late - 3:15...

I think it's SO important to the teen that we are present together; concerned about her recovery and treatment. When DH doesn't show up, it's me "doing this" to her... and I know that she feels "less than". I know I do. The meeting was productive and we went to dinner afterwards. The night ended on a positive note.

And it's finally FRIDAY. The house is clean and the majority of the laundry is done. I'm running with the sisters in the morning for the first time in weeks and the teen is spending a day at home to hang out. No stress... I hope.

I have my "Always Hungry" book - which is a good read, makes sense, but the practical application of the diet is hampered by a major lack of organization. His publisher sucks!  The materials are not well packaged, there are spreadsheets that don't translate well to the real world - HELLO - We don't print out reams of paper anymore... we use tablets and apps and REALLY???

It is taking more work than I wanted to spend to make a menu to follow the plan and create a shopping list... I want to spend time Sunday prepping food for the week and start the 14 day Phase One on a Monday... Talk about old patterns...


No comments: