Monday, March 06, 2017

Accountability Out The Window...

The rest of the week - weekend was a blur; or a Brrrrrr....

Friday the teen had her play and the little one had show prep stuff to do. The play was 3 hours long. We didn't get home til 10 and then I waited up for the teen; her first post play outing with the new license... I made it to bed by 11:30 and was up at 4 a.m. to drive to New Hampshire for the Horse Show.

Cold is an understatement. I know there are people who have survived worse; but this was about me and I have not felt so utterly chilled to the bone in a very long time. We arrived at 5:30 and my job was working the registration desk and draw with my horse-mom friend Amy. We were inside the "heated" office -a windowed room with a small space heater that maybe added a degree or 2 , but provided little relief other than to be out of the wind. It was 11 degrees when we got there and the wind was whipping to create a minus 20 windchill. It was a VERY LONG DAY. 3 fourth place ribbons and one 8th, but the team scored well enough to take Reserve Champion and a trip to the finals... (yay another show...).

We didn't get home until 8:30 at night. I jacked up the electric blanket, ate a salad and went to bed all before 9. I don't think I moved all night and woke up on my own at 7 (which is really late for me!). I went to the market for cat food and coffee and just took the morning off - I'm a big fan of the Sunday talking heads... My sister came out to see the matinee and the last of the play and I went with her for the 3 hour extravaganza. It was a do nothing kind of day...

SO - Food wouldn't have been bad were it not for the extra large bag of Lindt Chocolates (I ate 6 Saturday), the gluten free brownies the girls made for the show... or the bags of popcorn, and snacks that made up much of my diet Saturday. I'm hoping I burned a lot of calories just keeping warm... We'll have to see when I check my weight tomorrow morning - the start of Tuesday FAST DAY. I honestly feel that I could have lost, I logged it all and kept cals to between 15-1700; but SUGAR - Not happy about the sugar or the snacks... It was just such a temptation when I was in a very low place...

All I can do is keep trying!!! 

1 comment:

Enz said...

Yep. Failure is giving up and giving up is not an option.