Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Where I'm at...

It's February and I am thankful to be through the worst of the winter. The days are getting lighter, longer, and today it will be 60 degrees. Yes, a big tease for winter haters; I'm confident we'll have a lot more snow, cold and yuck ahead. Patience is what I need for the next 6 weeks or so.

We're going to Florida mid March (just the DH and I) and I want to be in a better place than I am right now. I'm having a hard time staying on track - 3 days on, 1 day off - 2 meals on .... you get the picture. I stopped the couch to 10K plan since I didn't want to spend the money on added features and I wanted to track my workouts better - not just run for 30 minutes. Not that I've been killing it; but I've been doing a Galloway method - warm up, run, walk, sprint, run walk until I hit 3 miles. It's helping, though the treadmill makes my knees ache. I want to run outside, but SNOW - COLD... You really can't run when it's 2 degrees (last Saturday morning :(). Florida? Beach? Stay tuned.

Happily, this is the first winter in many years that I haven't been depressed. I am cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to make it through this SADD season unscathed. I'm actually feeling more motivated and ready to take on the challenge of a road race (or three?)

Of course I have to have several good days in a row; RUN more often and more consistently; like today for example.

I'm playing hooky from work. I got my hair cut at 8 a.m. and started organizing tax stuff. My W2s are at work which put off the actual execution of the process, but looking at what I have; I'm feeling OK about where we'll end up... I really need a refund? I hate the uncertainty of this new tax law!

I'm avoiding the scale. I will get on it again soon since I have 8 days until I officially check in with the Endo's nurse - the evil one...."were you expecting this?" her December snark regarding a 5lb weight gain. Although I lost in January, I'm not confident that I'll lose again because I haven't been loss-focused for several days - Superbowl... I need to get over the "holidays-give-you-permission-to-eat-with-abandon" thing...

Can I ever get back into writing on a regular basis? Can I ?

Stay tuned; I have to get on the stick. I want to be OK in shorts (forget the bathing suit)- that gives me a whole 6 weeks.
UGH....



2 comments:

Enz said...

You sound optimistic and dare I say motivated? You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I am still on the fence on signing up for runs. I want to do another half marathon but I am not sure I am ready for all that training. I want to be running outside too. But with 3+ feet of snow on the ground it will be a while before I will be running at the park.

PC