Tuesday, October 29, 2019

It's Amazing How Little I've Changed...

I had a health scare in May - a stroke? and an intense bout of vertigo I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Following a million tests and a stay in the hospital I spent much of June feeling like crap and the remainder of the summer trying to pretend I was better. AND I ate too much and I gained weight and here it is nearly November. The holidays are right around the corner. My least favorite time of year. I think my thyroid is out of whack, and I just can't bear walking into my primary care doctor's office with all this extra weight. I always feel so judged.

I am somewhat depressed. I am a little overwhelmed. meh.

Funny how little I feel life has changed this year. Same job. Same problems. Same old ruminations. I feel stuck and fat and flat emotionally. And why I can't get over it is beyond me.

Kids are fine.

DH is ... better?...but not much.

I have a new puppy (stupid idea) and my same old love dog who is now 10.

I ran a little Saturday. I started Pilates. I've signed up for 2 5K races. My diet sucks. I'm eating bread again and it makes me feel crappy. I eat it anyway.




2 comments:

Enz said...

I think you coming back to your blog is a turning point - in a good way! You were missed!

Enz said...

Hope you are doing well. I know this is a stressful time of year!