Thursday, September 15, 2005

Boston 2006??

A few years back I decided that I would do things the OPRAH way and run a marathon for my 40th birthday. At the time it seemed like a long way off so I talked and talked and talked until.... ummmm ---I am going to be 40 in a little more than 6 months. I thought about the Marine Corps Marathon since its supposed to be good for 1st timers (flat and fast), but the idea of training on my own just freaked me out. A friend suggested Team In Training. I went to the info session, filled out the packet, paid my non refundable registration, and now I'm waiting to see if I am picked (they only have so many "unqualified" runner slots). At first I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do this, but now I am SO hoping to make the team...
Send good vibes! October 21 is the big day!

On another note, I found a consulting position that really interests me... Things have been tight financially, so the idea of a relatively short - flexible assignment (500 hours through May) seems doable with the kids. Hopefully my neighbor will want a parttime job too (watching my kids at times)... We'll see how the interview goes.

Exercise is moderate; 3 -4 times to the gym. I still need that plan I keep talking about... I'll get it together eventually. Weight is steady - at least no gains!

No comments: