Sunday, September 04, 2005

Weight Watchers....

I was feeling really poor this week - looking at what we're going to have to pay this year for oil heat (yuck) and gas, and ... Can I afford Weight Watchers too?! I seriously considered quitting and doing it on my own. For those who are not fat, WW seems like a huge waste of money. I know what to eat, I own a scale, I go to the gym - so why WW? I' ve been thinking alot about it and realized that IAM WORTH IT!!! I need to be reminded each week what I need to be doing for my body. I need to remind myself that I am worth the expense. I need to know that a binge here and there does matter. I need that weekly "re commit" I need the support of my leader and the support of the other members in my group. Eventually I will not need to pay anymore. I will be a lifetime member. Hopefully, that day will come sooner than later.

I had a decent ride yesterday. Sara's friend is a talker though, so our pace was MUCH slower than last week, and unfortunately not much of a challenge. Got me thinking that maybe I should try and get out on my own too... Training by myself outside is tough. I don't know why, but I feel really nervous out on my own... The "what ifs" start to intrude on my desire to get my workouts done. I think it is a big issue in my running... I dont know how I would ever train for a marathon on my own??? Hours by myself... I envy how my fellow bloggers find enjoyment in what I fear.

Do what you think you can't .... Who said that?

No comments: