Saturday, September 05, 2009

A Long Slow Painful Ride...

I made a date and met my friend for a long slow hill ride, which was not a great choice for my first workout in about 3 weeks... I didn't look at the mileage, but I know it was around 20 and it took and 1.5 hours and it was HILLY. I did not fuel properly and by the time I got home I was nauseaus. I am still feeling a bit icky even after a shower...

And one of my wheel spokes broke?! and the shifting is a little rough - I just got a tune up in July!!! I guess it's back to the bike shop.

I had a screening interview for the weight loss study I hope to participate in. Women, Depression and Weight loss -- right up my alley. It was exhausting just discussing my "issues" but I hope I am accepted. I really need the help. I had a physical yesterday to get cleared for exercise (if I get accepted) and even if I don't I'll have taken care of a lot of maintenance chores (my mamogram is next week!). I'll find out this week if I am in. FINGERS CROSSED....

Today is county fair day, tomorrow family reunion picnic and Monday, a time to regroup for back to school. The first week was awesome... I do love a schedule.

No comments: