Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This waiting this is getting old...

I finally received a call from my study therapist, Matt. I am still deciding how I feel about a male therapist. I guess I shouldn't discriminate, but I don't know how I'll be when it comes to talking about depression, fatness and all of the baggage that has kept me like this for so many years... My goal is to be 100% honest. I want to get to the bottom of my issues once and for all. All of the help they are offering is free for the taking. I will never have such an opportunity again. Can I talk to a man? Can I talk to a "man" who is in his late 20's? I guess we'll find out...


But when? Hopefully by the end of the month - the roster was nearly full when I talked to this guy last Friday. So - in the meantime, I am trying to live a healthier life, getting out to at least walk the dog daily. Maybe a more structured program soon. Yes, I am still a bit of a slug in that regard.


I am anxious still and stressed. I have thought about going back on meds for the winter, but I'll wait a few more weeks. Perhaps regular exercise and healthy food will be enough to get me through the SADD months.

No comments: