Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Still not with the program...

Hoping that tonights meeting will inspire. Hoping that the scale won't punish me for not going to the gym last week. School vacation week, hired at a new job, car issues, and other assorted EXCUSES.... Not all stressed-out busy people are fat - right? How can I use something other than food to make myself calm down? It is the one issue - if solved - that can help me reach my goals. Hard work is OK, it is the uncontrolable urges to shove food into my mouth that I need help with...ugh.

This week I started my new job. It has caused me to shift some of my duties and that is good. I've been getting up at 5:00 am and walking the dog with my neighbor. I do laundry and get the kids school stuff together and shower before I have to wake my oldest daughter at 6:30 am. I have to do more than just walk the dog and it will take a few weeks to figure out how to fit exercise into my new life. 28 hours of committed work time is a lot --- I haven't worked more than 10 a week for the last 10 years!!!

2 comments:

justme said...

i just picked up knitting again, i figure maybe it will keep my hands busy while watching the boob tube instead of eating something.....

Lynne said...

Knitting I do like (though I am NOT very good) I've been trying to teach myself how to make socks for the last 3 months!! I put it down when life events starting getting a little out of control. Maybe I'll try fitting it back in...