Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quest for Fairness

I am attempting to get an IEP for my daughter AGAIN. I am not going it alone. I will hire an advocate. I will not be blindsided...

Received her state test scores for 4th grade and she's fallen into the "NEEDS IMPROVEMENT" category. This after a year of me paying for a tutor and begging for at least a math class with an aide... Her first test this year was 64. By the end of the first week of school I requested a meeting with the teacher. Her first reply was "It's a short week; I'll be in touch... " I waited and politely requested we find time to meet. Her response "I don't like to do conferences until I can get to know the student a little better... but here's my number if you really think it's necessary." YES, I THINK IT's IMPORTANT I will call you Monday..." Hard for me to keep from driving down there and screaming bloody murder...

I know I have to keep a cool, productive, advocate face on - and leave the broken hearted mom face at home.... I feel like I have to kiss some serious ASS if I am to get anywhere in this town.

No comments: