Saturday, November 13, 2010

What's wrong with me?

I WANT to lose weight. I want to get in shape. I picture myself running and flexible and in smaller jeans. I have good days and then I have bad weeks. This morning my sister is expecting a report on my weight for the Fall challenge to which I owe 30$ for the kitty. I know it's not going to be good. I ate everything this week... I am starting to look for an excellent charity to give my challenge money to since I don't see myself hitting that 10 lb loss mark.

Ten pounds seemed like such a small amount just 6 weeks ago...so possible. Unfortunately, I didn't do the work. I didn't lose the weight. In fact, I'm sure I weigh the same as when I started (if not more!). What is wrong with me? (besides Halloween)

I honestly don't know what will inspire or motivate beyond wanting to be a certain way. I know I need to take care of myself, but knowing and doing are 2 different things. I know I can't give up. I know come January 1, I'll be all about the resolution and going back to the gym and starting to train for Triathlon season... I know how awful I will feel to be starting worse off than I am now... I need to at least maintain. AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, since it's 8 a.m. and I've only just eaten my healthy oatmeal and skim milk - today will be DAY 1 of a healthy diet; followed by day 2, and so on... We'll see how it plays out.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

Hey Lynne, sorry you're feeling bad. You're right though, Jan 1 is coming right up and it IS a great time to grab onto the energy and DO IT. I think 2011 will be a great year for us both :)

Happy holidays!