Monday, December 27, 2010

Reasons I am Glad to be Done with 2010

1. No Diet Success - It's not like I really tried..... It's not like I didn't care either... It was a year of utter limbo...

2. No Races - 2010 was the first year since 2003 that I didn't do one race. I could blame my broken leg - but that would only cover me from June to October... I could have done at least one...

3. Transitions - 2010 marked my return to "real" work - unlike lifeguarding or swimming lessons... pretty good money, benefits and responsibilities, 28 hours with no child care and a husband who hasn't realized that this has happened.

4. Mental Illness - Nothing new, but not any better. It continues to suck the life right out of me and our family.

5. Commitments - Don't think that kids get easier when the diapers are gone. The reality is I am busier than I've ever been... 2 kids with school, gymnastics, piano, lacrosse, dance, basketball, church, all of THEIR homework, a dog, 2 cats and when, oh when, will I be able to grocery shop and plan healthy meals?

6. Age - I am convinced that not working out has quicked the aging process.... I can no longer see, my knees ache constantly and in new ways.... my leg took 4 weeks longer to heal than the doctor told me it would...

7. Motivation - 2010 sorely lacked... any....

8. Food - It really is every where and there's a pusher on every corner.

9. Weight Watchers?- I thought I could avoid giving my money to the multibillion dollar weight loss industry, when the reality is that I need something --- a plan, accountability.... a commitment to something...

10. Death - First, my dear Daisy Doodle... A dog is really a FRIEND...and it was tough to lose her so suddenly... and more tragic my friend and coworker, senselessly murdered by her husband... so sad, so surreal... I still don't think I've come to terms....

No comments: