Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Back on Track

My life is still as stressful as ever - this week included a "surprise"deadline for a grant I was writing at work - I thought I had til the end of March and it ended up being today instead. I worked through the weekend and got it done. It's something I wanted to have under my belt so I can ask for a raise... I'll wait til we get it first... Fingers crossed.

My daughter had a great weekend away with my brother and her broken foot. I think she feels fine (aside from the boot) and she definately thrives on the attention. It was a church retreat and good community fun. I was so nervous, but had to let her go... She hates that I am hovering, but the pain of last summer's broken leg is still fresh on my mind.

And now Weight Watchers... I have maintained my focus and logged my food faithfully. I also stopped including my activity points. The result was an overall loss of the weight I gained last week plus an additional .6 . I am happy with that! (full disclosure photo will be posted soon!) My current weight is 177.2

My goal this week will be to run 3 miles. I have a new running ap on my IPhone that I am interested in trying out. It will tell me my speed, distance and calories burned. I will be able to store my routes, previous time and "race" against those times. The other cool thing is that I can listen to my music at the same time and take pictures (All that while running!!!) SO - I am looking for some sort of "belt" to hold my phone - something that is not stupid looking or impossible to access or uncomfortable to run with.... I'll let you know what I can find. And yes, 3 miles is a stupid number, but for someone whose done SQUAT over the last 8 months - it's a start.

1 comment:

מחשבות הופכות לדברים said...

I did weight watchers. it worked, but It took FOREVER. last year, a month before my best friend's wedding I wanted to lose 11 Pounds, and my mom found this diet that works fast. I lost 10 Pounds in about 20 days, and it wasn't one of them creazy low carb diets or anything. they give you this menu that you need to follow, and it menipulates your hormones, and forces your body to burn fat. here's a realy cool website I found about this diet- some girl tried this diet, and she created a blog and reported every single day untill she reached her goal weight. check it out- this diet is easy to follow and I lost the weight fast and haven't gained it back since :)
Here's a link to this girl's blog:
http://how-to-lose-weight-fast-with-fatloss4idiots-reality.com/