Monday, December 09, 2013

Sick and Tired

Back at work after a GRUELING and I do mean GRUELING week of travel and sickness. My youngest still isn't 100%, my DH and oldest DD were sick Friday morning and I was sick Friday night through... today. I am pretty sure it's the flu  - fever, vomiting, followed by a cough that just won't quit.  My head hurt again this morning, but MOMS don't get sick and I knew that the pile on my desk would only get bigger if I didn't get here and do something about it.  

The trip was necessary and I am glad it's done. I had higher expectations, but I need to put it all behind me and think about the week ahead. Another family party Saturday and out of town guests that I am really looking forward to seeing. I hope we are all better. We've got Christmas decorating to think about as well.

I ran once last Thursday morning. It was a tough 2 miles. Sickness kicked in after that and I just coasted... I sat on my butt driving a lot - 20 hours over 5 days, and I didn't eat well if at all. I missed my monthly running goal by 8 miles. That's disappointing but there isn't anything I could have done. I felt like death.


No comments: