Wednesday, May 13, 2015

SPIN DAY!

Cleaners are coming and we're getting a new shed tomorrow so I have to clean the old one out today in prep... I am not going to be derailed from SPIN though - I am GOING - Shed will be here regardless, and SPIN is for me...

Day 9 of the PLAN and things are moving along nicely. Yesterday I came home from work and prepped chili for dinner and made the base for lettuce wraps. I also whipped up a batch of pesto before the basil went bad. I have pork chops for dinner tonight and I'll freeze most of what I made for days when you just don't want to cook. I will not go hungry or more important, off plan.

I'm trying my best to kill my TV habit. All winter I would come home from work at 3 and sit for a bit... which could turn into sitting until I had to shuffle kids... We'd come home at 7 or 8 and have nothing prepped for dinner and the house would look as it did when we left that morning. I know I wasn't feeling great, but now things are better... and it's spring!!  NO TV.

I'm going to bed by 9 or 10 and waking on my own by 4:30 giving me a little time to snuggle the dog before the alarm goes off at 5. I actually feel rested. It's also nice to sleep with the window open. I feel my mood brightening and it makes me realize just how depressed I've been. I'm really working on it all!

Getting the eating and weight under control gives me a lot of confidence to tackle other aspects of my life - like the depression and the marriage and the endless list of personal "to dos". It's like making the bed in the morning... Even if the whole room is strewn with clothes or dust, if the bed's made the room looks 90% better...

TODAYS GOALS:

1. SPIN
2. PAY BILLS
3. CLEAN OUT SHED
4. EAT ON PLAN
5. GET STEPS IN... made harder by the fact that I forgot to put on my fitbit this morning.
6. FOLD/PUT AWAY LAUNDRY

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sounds like a real turnaround in energy levels. Fantastic!

I'm curious, as you've mentioned thyroid - I was just diagnosed hypothyroid and prescribed Synthroid. Doc said natural is best but insurance won't cover. I'm wondering if I should pursue the natural or try Synthroid first. Would you mind sharing what you take? Or any advice you might have?
All best, and hope your Wednesday is as productive as you planned.