Thursday, May 28, 2015

What Bugs Me?

I'm using the services of a "parenting coach" and for once I feel like I'm getting a handle on what really bugs me and what I can do about it. What bugs me?? NO ONE LISTENS TO ME. NO ONE DOES WHAT I WANT THEM TO DO... and I am constantly disappointed.

My A-HA realization is:  I have to stop trying to direct the lives of my DH and children. I have to stop trying to herd them into making the right decisions or doing what I feel is the right thing or the right way. My husband, my children are individuals with their own version of reality; their own vision of what is truth. I have to respect boundaries.

In addition, I have to use my time to take care of myself, to enrich my own life. Do more of... ???

This is the question, If I'm not busy interfering in my family's lives, how will I use my time?

Personal growth creates personal strength; confidence and satisfaction. All this can ultimately give me a sense of fulfillment and happiness. AND Isn't this the goal of it all?


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow, it really takes guts to look at ourselves with such honesty. Good for you!
Letting go is hard. I think life gets better if you do it, though.

And then where you do put your energy/attention?!?!? More spin? LOL