Monday, August 03, 2015

A whirlwind weekend... and now.....

The weekend was fantastic. I'm exhausted, but in a good way; and the best thing is the kids are at camp, the DH is at work and I have a day to myself!! I'll post pics in a bit.

1. I'm resting today (Kind of). After riding from Cape Cod to Wellesley I deserve a day off from real exercise and boring work. Tomorrow I'm back at Body Pump for week 7 and I'm really going to challenge myself.

2. I have lots of things I'm doing for ME this week, but today I am painting ceilings in my living room and tween's room. It's a thankless job that I've been avoiding for weeks (years), and I know I can do it without worrying about the state of the rest of the house... Cleaners come Wednesday so the only other task I have is to catch up on laundry and pick up!

3. I'm eating WHOLE 30 for the next 3 weeks. This weekend I allowed myself whatever I thought I would need to not bonk on my ride. Saturday was lots good - grilled chicken, corn, salad - but also not so good- a brownie, oatmeal cookie, veggie chips, ice cream and various "health" bars that were being promoted at the event. I also drank organic Honest T. After I got back, the DH and I went out to celebrate the ride and our freedom from kids with 2 vodka sodas, oysters, fried calamari, and organic FroYo with pecans and fresh whipped  cream... Yum - Weekend over.

This morning - 3 eggs, 1/2 a green machine smoothie (left over) almond milk and black coffee.

Let's hope I get motivated. I feel like I'm walking in circles and I don't want to waste the day. I need to feel like I've accomplished something by the time I go to bed tonight. I know these next few weeks will fly by... I want to enjoy and make the most of every minute!!



No comments: