Friday, February 26, 2016

Jealous and What's it Going to Take?

I used to follow Runs for Cookies every day and then for whatever reason I stopped. Imagine my shock this morning when after 6 months or so I discovered her back at her goal weight and actually 10 pounds under.... No crazy diets, used MFP and stayed within her calories... Just like that - she followed a plan and it worked. Meh.

I'm super jealous! WTF?!

How can she JUST DO IT?

Why is it so damn hard to string a bunch of good days together? I did it once, I can do it again... but when? What will it take for me to JUST DO IT?

I have to follow the plan. It doesn't matter if I feel crappy or sad or if it's my birthday. I just have to do it because I want to feel and look better than I do today. yup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard sometimes, but I try not to compare myself with anyone else. Comparison is the thief of joy (or something like that).

That said... if her success motivates you or inspire you, grab onto that, for sure! Follow in her footsteps. Oh, and you're getting it done this week, too, so it's time to congratulate yourself, not think negatively. You're doing it! I'd say you deserve some self-love and self-support around your determination this week.

Lynne said...

Thanks. I need to be reminded that everyone's on their own journey... Mine was tough last week. And today starts anew!

Lynne said...

Thanks. I need to be reminded that everyone's on their own journey... Mine was tough last week. And today starts anew!