Friday, December 02, 2016

Working on Less Stress...

The post holiday week always seems one day longer than it has to be.... The fact that it rained 3 days straight didn't help. I am so very glad that it's FRIDAY!

I had yogurt last night when I got home from being a mom at 7 p.m. I did not get Chipotle with the rest of the family (yeah), and I finished the evening on target for calories, steps and yeah me. It's not like Chipotle is bad for you - in fact all their ingredients are right up my alley - but the portions are so big and I always have a hard time only eating half my meal... better to save it for a day when I can fit it into my plan...

I had a stressful meeting with the teen's history teacher. She's a little intense and I can see why she doesn't mesh so well with my daughter. I hope we'll be able to work together. I hope we'll be able to help the teen get unstuck...

AND promptly after this meeting,  I ran home and ate a handful of almonds and 4 slices of pepperoni.... STRESS = EAT SOMETHING ? Still? Haven't I conquered this monster? I never considered hunger. I thought about what I could grab that wouldn't do too much damage... I thought about portions, but I wasn't at all hungry...

I am a work in progress.... I'm trying to be more mindful about why I eat, how, when, where....

And I'm on day 2 of a very successful week. Tomorrow I run with the girls and at night we have a grown up evening out with my family - our Xmas present to each other. Dinner and a Kinky Boots. I'm going to have only vodka to drink and I'm not having dessert. I will enjoy it!

I don't want to stress this holiday season. I know I say it every year, but I'm really going to make it a priority to consider where I'm at emotionally - be willing to say "no" when I need to and not get caught up in the shopping and STUFF... I know, easier said....



2 comments:

Enz said...

It is easier said than done! One day at a time, you can do it!

Anonymous said...

I struggle, too, with the wanting to eat versus realizing I'm not hungry. Also with not eating something that's in front of me. it's better for me if it's just not in my "orbit" or space at all. You did a wise thing, absenting yourself! That's about the only thing that works for me lately, too. Enjoy your adult night out and Kinky Boots!