Monday, March 20, 2017

Busy weekend...

I'll sign up for the race and post it - eventually... I guess it hasn't been as much of a priority, but it WILL happen.

I had an awesome run Saturday even though it was freezing cold and even though parts of the 5 mile run were covered with ice and snow. I stayed with the "fast" girls for 4 of 5 miles and finished a few hundred yards behind them. I felt strong and much more confident. I still have this dumb cold, but I think it's finally run it's course.

The teen has a new job starting this week so I took her to get fingerprinted as she'll be working with kids; and we hung out, had lunch and did some shopping. We ate at B.Good - which was delicious (organic fresh fare) and at night went with the whole family to a local Korean restaurant. We had ice cream at McDonald's for dessert. All good food, though probably larger portions than necessary.

Yesterday we went to see Kedi (a film about cats in Istanbul), and had Pho. For dinner, Panera autumn squash soup. There was no food in the house so my snacking was curtailed whether I liked it or not. I didn't feel like going grocery shopping...

I'm off this weekend to Florida with the DH who has a conference. I'm ALWAYS stressed traveling; but looking for ways to cope that don't involve food. I need clothes. I have nothing I want to put on my body, so I have to find a few outfits that make me feel good for now. I know I haven't been losing weight for the last two months and that's a little depressing and I can do better.

So Fast day tomorrow... So far this experiment is not yielding any results. My guess is that I'm compensating with more calories for the day without and that leaves me maintaining and not losing. We'll see... I said I would do this through April.

No comments: