Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It's going to be a LONG day...

The killer cold persists. I was up a bunch of times in the night, and then up for good by 6 am. My neighbor and I walked the dogs, and it felt good to get some fresh air, though a headache made each footfall feel like a mini earthquake in my skull. Back inside, it's me and the cat in a chair with some black coffee. Fast day!

And it's a BLIZZARD and everyone is home. DH is home already kibitzing around; annoying and annoyed. Someone left the TV on last night (it was in sleep mode so they probably didn't realize) Someone moved his keys, didn't close the lid on the dog food... He'll *try* to work, but the girls will make it near impossible. They'll want to watch tv or play video games or breathe...Should be a banner day!

And I'm not eating. It's actually a good opportunity to practice alternative coping skills to deal with stress. Look - I'm already turning this into a positive!

2 comments:

Enz said...

Snow day here too. Loving the freebie day :) I did have to get up at 6 to clear off the car and shovel out the driveway to drive my som to work, but the rest of the day is mine :) Hope your day is not too stressful or stir crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh to have a day be mine... It's been too long!!! Hope you made the most of yours!!

Snow days are fine, but coming off of a weekend meant too much together time. I'm an introvert at heart and really crave alone space...