Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Getting Back on a Schedule

The weekend was pretty good. Let me say that I did not log all my food - especially over the last two days, but other than a fight lost with peanut butter cookies, I didn't over do it on the food; and other than  a slug fest yesterday - I got all my steps in and then some.

My car is busted and that gave me some stress, as did the discovery of bats in my attic, and the $646 DH spent on a suit yesterday. So much for the finances! - and I am doing my best to manage the response. In fact, I'd have to say that I'm pretty "whatever" at this point. So the holes a little deeper - right?!

The best part of the weekend was the race.

I did exactly what I set out to do - 12 minute miles; finish in an hour... Close enough. The little one was a little anxious, but did great too. She bolted, ran 3 miles and walked. I kept my turtle pace throughout and caught her in mile 4 so we finished together. It was the farthest she's ever run, and she hadn't trained. She wants to do it again next year.

SO now... I've got to get back at it. I'm being kind to myself. I know what I need to do.

2 comments:

MyStalkerIsFat said...

Great job at the race! It's great your little one ran it too.

Enz said...

Congratulations to both of you and what a wonderful role model you are for her!!