Monday, June 05, 2017

Making Peace

I had a somewhat uneventful weekend. Kept to my running routine Saturday morning. Had dinner and drinks out Saturday night; went to see Jerry Seinfeld (who was great, by the way). Household chores, food shopping, and Wonder Woman Sunday (long, but good)... My eating was not restrictive, it was healthy mostly, and I didn't log in MFP.  I was trying to not be crazy about scale or calories or food combos all while NOT gaining weight. You're probably wondering how that went and I can tell by my jeans this morning --- NOT GOOD.

Fine. Not fine that I'm not losing, but fine with trying something else; fine with who I am right now. I know it's always a changing situation; I know I can be better. I really do...

So I'll get my thyroid tested again in 2 weeks to make sure my meds are working properly. I'll get some sort of exercise in every day and I'll continue to eat low carb, little processed and log it in MFP because it can work if I follow the plan.

I can't be psycho about it. It doesn't work to be mad. Diligence, responsibility and a little focus on my part will go along way to reaching my goals. I honestly don't care about the number on the scale, but I know I felt healthy and strong and comfortable in my clothes at 155-160. It feel like a long way from here, but I'll just keep trying.

2 comments:

Enz said...

It cannot be underestimated how much of a mental battle losing weight is and if you are fighting your own head it's not productive and stress is counter-productive to weight loss. I am glad to see you saying you're at peace with the process right now.

Anonymous said...

Really nice to see you shake it up and use a different process for a bit, and for a break. I think feedback like how clothes fit is JUST as good as the scale, maybe better, so long as we are honest with ourselves, which it definitely sounds like you are! One day at a time is my mantra yesterday and today... onward...
~Wendy