Monday, January 22, 2018

Self Care...

I took a long walk with the dog Sunday morning and went to the gym for some real cardio... just shy of 2 miles with 5, one minute sprints. It's a start.

There were some positive aspects of my diet and definitely some negative ones. Prepackaged snacks - not good; but protein shake for breakfast, and healthy fajita dinner, better. And I can improve on portion sizes. My appetite seems insatiable at times... or maybe I just want to eat... WHY? Just trying to be kind; trying to be mindful.

I hope for better days ahead.

I start the spring semester today with another Monday night class. It makes for a long day, but I thrive with routine and the goal of an eventual degree... I'll have to formally apply to the graduate program by May which means taking the GRE again unless I can get a waiver... Such a waste of time and money as far as I'm concerned; hoops to jump through.

I'm going to yoga tomorrow night and signing up  for a membership Friday during the studio's 2-day anniversary special That's when the fun begins! I promised myself if I got the membership I would fully embrace the benefits of SPIN, fitness and unlimited yoga. I have to figure out what works and DO IT.

Self care is not an option.

And the days are getting longer... yeah.


No comments: