Monday, February 26, 2018

Vacation Hangover...

I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience a vacation hangover. When you just go, go, go and then  jump right back into regular life without a breath. Even after a weekend "off" I'm STILL exhausted. I could really use a mental health day, and it's not an option. Sigh.

The trip was a success (and I'll post pictures once downloaded). The girls enjoyed San Francisco, the weather was a little chilly for CA, but nice -50's and 60's. We went to Alcatraz, Muir Woods, Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, Coit Tower, Presidio, Palace of the Arts, Mission district… all the top tourist spots. We rented a car and drove to Monterey to see the aquarium and show the kids where DH and I met a million years ago. We walked A LOT and rode bikes and ate good food, but meals and no snacks. I haven’t been on a scale since January, but judging from my jeans I lost a little weight. It's a start.

I hiked Saturday and did a restorative yoga class Sunday. My week is filled with commitments, and I need to figure out a way to fit in ME time - exercise, yoga and good food. I have to finally start doing something deliberate about the weight gain; wanting it to disappear is not a plan.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming back from vacation is a lot of work, and yes, is exhausting! Glad you all had a nice time - and that jeans are fitting better, woo hoo. Welcome back.

Enz said...

I always need a vacation after my vacation!

neca said...

Did you guys go to DLI? I was there about 2 years and I love that area, luckily a dear friend lives in Berkeley so I have a connection!