Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Vacation Mode...

Yesterday I went to a strength/cardio class at the new gym. It was both painful (in a good way) and eye-opening. When you workout on your own or at your own pace, you forget what it's like to truly be challenged; to get your heart rate way up and your mind to the point where you want to stop, but you don't, because - well, people.... I am not a Step or Zumba kind of person. I have NO coordination whatsoever. Looking in the mirror and trying to figure out left, right, hop, step, arms over head, is NOT typically my thing. In fact, it's far out of my comfort zone, but the class had only a few of those moves, the instructor is funny, so I'll make it back after vacation....

Ah... vacation...

I am a little frazzled with the packing/prepping thing. It's just who I am and I own it. I get super anxious about making sure that everything is done - the house is clean for our return, sheets changed, fridge cleaned out, pet watchers lined up... My friends have told me to "let it go" and just have fun; but it honestly makes me relax, knowing that there is nothing to worry about when we're gone and when we return.

Today I am cleaning and packing. I have hopes to get to yoga... and maybe if I schedule it I will make sure it happens.

I'm working on eating cleaner, but it's not going so great. Someone left boxes of Girl Scout cookies in the break room at work and while I know the choice to eat them is mine, I'd prefer not to have the choice at all... meh.

I'm not going crazy about food over vacation, but I'm not eating with abandon either. I need to make a solid commitment to my health; eating well and in control and exercising regularly. Looking at myself during class was for sure a wake up call. The weight gain is undeniable and I don't like how it makes me look or feel.



1 comment:

Enz said...

How was your vacation?