Monday, March 12, 2018

Frustrated...

I wrote a long and ranting post about the DH. I feel better now, and the post will stay in the "draft" folder. DH is off his diet, cooking for an army and feeling bad when  the girls and I have other plans and/or don't want to eat his offerings. We've told him about our goals to eat clean or vegan or on a schedule and he hasn't listened. We're done eating out of guilt; and enabling this to continue.

The teen had a busy week with her last high school musical. It was great and fun and there was a lot of celebrating. She's informed me of her "sugar detox" and threw out all the candy. Hooray! She didn't want it around any more than I did. We're committed to supporting each other in our goals - I want to lose weight and train for a 5 miler and she's trying to do a real chin up... (which I think is an awesome goal!) The little one is flirting with being a vegan again so we're all about NO PROCESSED FOOD!

It was a very busy weekend though I missed my step goal yesterday because of too much standing (working concessions at the play), not walking, though I did get to yoga. Tomorrow we're having another snowstorm and I fully expect to be stuck home with DH and kids... I'm getting a list together to keep me busy and productive. I really wanted to be running this week outside, and the snow has put that to bed for at least the near future. Yes, I can treadmill, but ... meh.

And I was far from perfect, but I'm getting on the scale tomorrow. I have to be accountable.

3 comments:

neca said...

It is so much easier when your family is on board! Now that we are empty nesters, I do a lot of the planning and prep. If DH wants to keep candy bars/ chips/ etc. around it doesn't bother me - I refuse to be tempted by that crap! I hope that if he sees me being successful, it will make him want the same (it seems to be working - he is actually beginning to enjoy weight lifting!). Hang in there!

Enz said...

The 'no processed food" rule, alone, makes a huge difference. Good for all of you :)

*My Stalker Is Fat* said...

I really wish my husband and stepson would make efforts to eat better or at least work out with me! It's hard being the only one in the house who wants to lose weight or get into shape. Good job making changes in your habits to be healthier!