Friday, April 20, 2018

15 Days, 8 lbs

Vacation was stressful and fun and interesting and exhausting. I did not like being in charge of organizing; or the authority on all things DC. It was not my fault it rained 3 out of the 4 days, but I still felt badly... 

What I loved:
  • NO SPECTATORS at the Renwick!  It is a MUST SEE exhibition!!
  • Rasikas Indian Restaurant – in Chinatown – YUM
  • Eastern Market – Fun to people watch, great art, food!
  • The National Zoo - We hit it on the right day/time... Saw a 2-day old baby gorilla, and a panda rolling down a hill and climbing a tree... super cute!
  • The Portrait Museum – More than just Obama’s portrait - interesting... 
  • Shopping at Union Station – and then walking to Lincoln Memorial; up one side of the mall and back the other with my girls.
  • Hitting 25000 steps every day except the travel days to and from…
  • The teen asking “Why is everyone so dressed up?” as we took in Happy Hour at Tortilla Coast on Capitol Hill.
DH flew home Tuesday morning so we had one full day of no complaining, and a leisurely drive home. He is stressed out about work, has a hurt ankle or arthritis and is probably depressed, but won’t do anything about it so we all suffer…

This morning I went to my thyroid check. 4.2 (still a little high) and my weight is 195 for an official loss of 9 pounds! I am still 8 pounds heavier than I was last year, but I feel like I'm in a losing groove for the first time in a while.I tried to be mindful of my eating on vacation, but traveling in a group made it hard to stay 100% on program. Plus, there were definitely times that I needed a few drinks!! I’m half joking, not a big drinker, but "Happy Hours" with my siblings made me relax and laugh- so worth the empty calories! 

And now I’m back on MFP and sticking to my plan.  I hurt my back this morning picking up a box of books (GRUMBLE) so that may affect my running? I need some ICY HOT and I know gentle yoga would help if I can muster the mojo.

I'm still just so super tired and sleep deprived.

Pictures are coming!

3 comments:

Enz said...

You sound so energized and pumped up and positive. The best "mood" you've posted in a long time. The vacation agreed with you as does your plan right now.

Congrats on the loss...that is incredible. Be proud of all your hard work and dedication.

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great vacation. Congratulations on the weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Amazing results - and with a vacation thrown in! Exciting that your body is responding to your efforts.