Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Midweek Check in...

My morning weight was 193.3 !  This is good news; validating  what I'm doing is working for now. I've been about 90% on plan and maybe that's why it's doable. I'm keeping my calories in the weight loss zone (1000-1500) and my macros have averaged (54% fat, 22% carbs, 24% protein) I've been between 85-110 grams of protein/day.  My official start date was April 3, so I've been off all sugar-including fruit for 24 days!

It wasn't easy, but I think my doctor telling me to do it for just 2 weeks helped me push through the cravings. When she suggested I continue at our last appointment, I was motivated by the weight loss and it was MY CHOICE, so I'm doing it... and the cravings have all but subsided... Psychology is an awesome thing...

What is suffering is exercise. I have a lot of convenient excuses for not running... appointments, driving kids, sore back, working late, home chores... I can do better and I know I'll feel better doing my race in May if I've trained... Times running out...

sigh...

I really don't feel different yet; my clothes are the same though I feel like I'm at the cusp of real change - like 10 more pounds... I don't want to get ahead of my skis, but I'm really hopeful for the first time in a very long time!

2 comments:

Enz said...

It is so wonderful to hear you so positive.

Sarah said...

I'm glad you've found something that's working for you.