Monday, April 30, 2018

Down, but not OUT


Nothing quite ruins a weekend like an epic back spasm. I was into mile one – running and my mid back felt like an invisible hand was squeezing me. It continued to plague me through my run, and after I got back home; lifting a cup from the microwave caused unbelievable pain and, like that, I was out of commission for the rest of the weekend. Sunday I considered the ER due to the pain and the inability to take a deep breath. My siblings (all who have had back issues) talked me down and shared their drugs – Flexeril and 800 mg Motrin helped a lot. Today I feel like someone punched me in both kidneys, but thankfully the overwhelming pain is gone. I have a massage scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. So yeah, weekend sucked – though I did get a run in, albeit slow and in pain. 

I weighed in Saturday morning at 192.0 which put me at 12 pounds down since April 3, and 3 down from my last Dr’s appointment.  Trust me, I am happy about this although its weight I put over the fall and through my med issues, and my clothes are still fitting pretty much the same… My next milestone is 185 – which I will definitely celebrate as it will be the lowest I attained before it all went to hell. I think then I’ll actually see differences in my body not just a number on the scale.  Regardless, for now I feel confident and satisfied with my eating plan and I’m moving in the right direction!

1 comment:

Enz said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!