Thursday, September 13, 2018

I'm Still Here...

So much has happened this last month of summer. My oldest went off to college so I lost my driver of younger one who is busy school stuff and horses. I miss my girl and even though she calls every other day - the house is a little emptier. My youngest misses her as well. They've become great friends over the last year; which is something that makes me happy.

I like my job for the most part, but working more than 40 and still trying to figure out how to juggle commitments at work and the basics of grocery shopping and laundry. It is such an adjustment - more than I ever thought it would be.

The DH still hasn't caught on and I about ready for an intervention.

As usual, I am neglecting ME - my exercise, diet and general well being are not where they should be. I need to get it together - set some boundaries, establish routines.

Today I go back to the doctor for thyroid check.

I'm definitely expecting to see a weight gain and I'm pretty sure (judging from my level of exhaustion, mood, and scratchy/sore throat) my TSH levels are high.


2 comments:

MaryFran said...

You’ve had some big adjustments!!! I’m glad you recognize that you have to take time to take care of yourself! Now to just put your money where your mouth is and DO IT!!!! :-)

Enz said...

A change in routine is always my downfall. You'll get it all sorted out and will be back in the groove in no time.