Saturday, September 15, 2018

Work is Stressful and bad for my Health...

I came up with an idea and put together a first time event at my place of work. I honestly had no idea how many people would show up - we planned for 200 and ended up with twice that many... It was a great relief, and exhausting. No one could imagine how stressful this was... I could tell that my boss was giving me the opportunity to do it all; as well as the budget; but I don't know what her expectation was... Some of the other staff are resentful of my promotion and while not sabotaging my work, didn't do anything to help. In spite of it all the night was a success and I am so thankful it's over. 

For my health, I need to get into a schedule. I need to get back to basics. My doctor's appointment was not great. Seeing numbers back over 7, and my weight up 2 pounds (not nearly as much as I thought) make me realize that my health is what I give to it. I make it happen - the good and the bad. I know what I need to do; I don't need a magic pill, special diet, or anything else. It all comes from within and I know how to get back to a healthy state. 

What I need to learn is how to weather the ups and downs in my mood; how to ride the wave of life's challenges, fluctuating hormones, and even the season of the year (SAD is coming). I know what to eat and not eat. I know how much and I know how important exercise is to my body and mind.

I worked out with the sisters this morning. I then ate a giant sandwich - homemade sourdough, locally made Gouda cheese and probably my last "summer" tomato. The last time I had bread was February in San Francisco... Why now? Other than my friend dropping off a "thank you" loaf of bread; I have no clue what possessed me; and for the record, my stomach feels like its holding a lead brick. I hate this feeling....It's my equivalent of a hangover... Meh. 

And, like with a hangover, I'm full of regret and "never again". 

Maybe this time it will stick. 

Salad is dinner. Back to basics. 


2 comments:

MaryFran said...

My body tells me over and over again to not do something again...yet I keep repeating the food mistakes!

Yay to a successful event!!!

*My Stalker Is Fat* said...

I do a lot of event planning for work, and I agree, it is very stressful! My co-workers tend to do little to help too. I know the feeling of being glad it is over!