Thursday, October 06, 2005

Too many parties...

I am NOT an entertainer. I don't like to organize events, I don't enjoy the pressure of who to invite, what to serve. I have been stressed for the last two weeks about 2 parties and I really should just get a life... My kids are now 3 and 6. The three year old had her party last weekend. Just the neighborhood kids, she felt special, all went well, and I hated every minute of it. When would it be over!!?? Tomorrow is my 6 year olds party. Its after school, 1.5 hours and I can not wait to have a glass of wine at 6 pm. I HATE - yes HATE the pressure that society, my town, my crazy mind places on kids b-days. What's the theme? Where is it? Is she going to hate me because I didn't want to spend 200 dollars at the gymnastics center or the local craft store painting pottery? Will she be judged because she didn't invite the whole class? Eight kids, 90 minutes, pin the tail, cake, ice cream and presents. DONE.

I can't think about my diet (not good) or my exercise (barely passable) until I am over this silly Friday afternoon. I am really crazy.

No comments: