Friday, July 10, 2009

Swim Clinic and South Beach

I took a week off from swimming and man did it show as I jumped into a quick lap at the lake before the start of an early morning swim clinic. I was the lifeguard so I pretty much served as a floating buoy for 2 hours. The chill went right to my bones and even a hot shower didn't quite bring me back to normal...

I only ran once at my Mother in law's house. I could have done more, but everything seemed like a production and not worth the effort. I need to ride my bike tomorrow; perhaps I can get my DH to come with me since my kids will be a Grandma's tonight..... We'll see how his birthday celebration progresses tonight. I know I am having some wine. My training program seems to have taken a nose dive as of late... Apathy since my Olympic Distance race...

I think I am going to try the Southbeach Diet. I rarely follow a plan and rely more on journalling and calorie counting. I am told it will make a difference in the rate of weight loss. I haven't been on the scale, but I know that I have gained at least a few pounds over the last month. I need to stop it NOW, I don't want to start over. I don't know why summer is such a hard time on the food front. You would think with all that is fresh it would be easy... Maybe the mojitos have something to do with it?

No comments: