Thursday, August 06, 2009

Twenty seven days...

I can't believe how fast the summer has gone by... 27 days til school starts.... I know I've said that I can't wait for school again, but there are plus' to not dealing with homework headaches, projects and not missing the bus.

I got up this morning and went spinning for the first time in 2 weeks. It was PAINFUL getting there -- I so wanted to roll over and go back to sleep. If it weren't for my husband's "I thought you wanted to spin this morning..." comment I would have. The mornings are dark again at 5:00 a.m. and that adds to the drag... However, I went and I am glad to have a workout under my belt as I attack the day. I stretched out my back and went at about 80%. Things still aren't right, so I will continue to take it slow.

As for the rest of my day, my daughter's ice skates are too small so we've got to get new ones before her lesson at 4:10. More money we don't have... I will not be too bent if she doesn't want to skate in the fall... The weather is back to unseasonably cool, so I don't expect too many problems about not going to the beach today, since we have tons of errands to do as well.

A dumpster is in the driveway til next Friday and I plan to fill it.This weekend presents a great opportunity. I am bagging the triathlon. Both my sisters are injured, and my back is still not 100%. The race director has offered to push our registration to the October Duathlon -- we should be ready by then. So I will empty my house and craigslist everything we have that we don't like or no longer use. It will feel SO good to start fresh and not be burried by clutter.

As for the diet - It is day 3 of journaling... I've not been dieting which isn't good, and I haven't been on the scale -- that isn't good... but I am doing something.... Let's see where we are in 27 days...

No comments: