Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A New Leaf?

I started yesterday morning journaling my food again. I am sick of waiting for the weight loss/depression study to begin and sick of giving myself free reign in the fridge. I am no longer giving myself a "pass" to not exercise.

This morning I walked 2 miles with the dog and my neighbors. It was good to be out in the fresh air and nice to talk about nothing in particular with grown ups. I am trying to plan out my time (including how long I can be on the computer) so that I don't waste the day. Obviously I have a ways to go before I would consider this a new habit, but each day brings me closer to that goal.

I would like to take a yoga class though I am not sure if DH will be receptive to coming home for me at a specific time every thursday. It's been a rough few months in that department and I have been crossing him out of the equation for the most part b/c I just don't have the energy. I consider myself an IT widow and live the life of a single mom. It's just been easier than trying to make plans, nag and be disappointed time and again. For now it's just how it is, but it means that I don't ever go out or do much for me and that's not really working out so great. I will have to see if a babysitter can fit into the budget.

I know if I want to see some changes in my body that I will have to make some changes in my life and it's not all about the food. At least I am finally doing something!

No comments: