Wednesday, October 06, 2010

What's Happening

1. My brother had a heart attack. He's 42. It was mild, he spent a night in the hospital and has been told to get his health in order to avoid another... We asked him to go on our hike this weekend. We asked him to participate in our challenge.... Alas, he knows what he needs to do... Don't we all... Look how great it's working...

2. I ran 1/2 mile yesterday. I am trying to feel how my leg is behaving. Is my gait any better? No pain this morning. I may run 3/4 mile today... in the rain...

3. My daughter has been rotten since last Friday. Unpredictable and mean, but then giddy and silly... I hate her illness - not her... We went to her therapy appointment last night. She wouldn't talk to me the whole ride over; she wouldn't get out of the car. She didn't want me to embarrass her by pulling her out, so she relented and went in. As I flipped through a magazine in the waiting room, I realized for the first time that I was scared to bring her home if she was still in the same state as when arrived. She is bigger and stronger and I am SO sick of her hurting me and her sister. The last episode took SO much out of me... bruises up and down my arms, a bite mark... It is not pretty... Luckily, she had been talked down. She was "normal" again. I felt horrible all night for my feelings in the waiting room...

4. I started taking antidepressants again. I have been on the edge for the last few weeks and I do not want to slide. It's amazing how much the change in seasons / lack of light affects me.

5. I still haven't started journaling. I hope my brothers health will have an effect on my own in a positive way...

6. My puppy has learned to sit, lie down, spin around, sit pretty and we're working on speaking and rolling over... she's so smart!! just 4 months old... She really has helped me so much... Keeps me grounded...

7. Trying to figure out what to do about teaching swimming/lifeguarding...I stopped when I took my new job at the library. I had an idea that once I was settled, I would be back... I thought about going back this fall, but my daughters issues kept me busy... I would like to get to the gym to work out, but without doing lessons, I will have to pay for a membership... I don't want my Lifeguard certification to lapse... Now that my kids are older I don't need the YMCA as much as I did... I don't know what to do...

8. Today is MY DAY off from work and the kids are in school and I am NOT going to waste it... My goal is to get all of my errands out of the way, make a healthy dinner for the girls and DH and then... take a few minutes for ME... read, write,whatever I choose.

No comments: