Sunday, January 02, 2011

NEW YEAR - NEW PLAN?

It's not a resolution... It's not even a new plan... It's kind of a re-hashing of old plans with a little more resolve. Here is how it's shaping up:

1. I JOINED Weight Watchers (for the 1000th time) - But wait --- It's POINTS PLUS and it's totally different (that's what I am selling my self). My weigh in/meeting day is Wednesday. It's in the next town over, but it's on one of my bike routes so when the weather cooperates, I'll be able to get my workout in at the same time.

2. Every day I do (or will attempt to do) 3 pull ups on my *new* chin up bar.

3. In 2011, I am doing THREE races. I am already registered for an Olympic Tri in August. I would like to do a 10K or half Marathon (which would involve running...) and of course a SheRox or Danskin sprint triathlon.

4. YOGA? - I am going on a healing retreat with my sisters/mom in March. It would probably be in my best interest to take a class before then....

5. GYM - Weights would be good. I am FLABBY even though I haven't gained very much weight. Muscle would make a difference and it would help in completing #4.

6. Patience/Organization/Relationships - I need to make an effort to try harder in all respects to be a better... mom - spouse - friend - co-worker....

I guess #6 is more of a life goal - it's not like I intend to stop or mark *done* at the end of December...

As for today - track my food, be patient with my kids and dog, put some more things away or in the trash, stop watching mindless TV. My DH is away, so we're braving the mall to return a few things, have some lunch and then we'll prep for the week --- outfits, school bags set, showers, and some quiet reading before we're back to the grind...

FINALLY - If anyone has a thought - My 18 year old cat is just.... not using the litter box consistently, not taking care of himself and... I've been struggling with the whole ITS TIME thing... He doesn't have a regular vet (I boycotted all vets for my cats 6 years ago when I was chastized for not spending the money to sedate and clean their teeth!!! That was after spending $300 on "well visits"). My other cat (turning 17) is not far behind.... I just have to DO it... UGH... Suffer the guilt and head to the Humane Society.... I KNOW it's the right thing to do...

No comments: