Sunday, May 08, 2011

Working... and not working...



So this was last Sunday - May 1 at my first, post broken leg, race. It was a 5K in town and there were about 300 runners. My sister and I had run 9 miles the day before (without stopping!) so I was a little sore and a little nervous about running with people who would know me --- perhaps that was what kept me going...


My time was 34:11 and that was awesome (for me!). We were not last, we did not walk, and I didn't feel at all embarrassed...


Weight Watchers was just fine... I weighed in at 176.2 which was a loss of 3.8 of the 5 I gained over vacation. I logged my food (most of the time) and turned in the group tracker feeling like I fulfilled my obligation. I know that I am getting lazy about journaling lately...


Hopefully, I will get back on track for this week's weigh in. I would LOVE LOVE to see a 2 pound loss. That would put me back in new numbers and would really be a confidence booster since losing seems to be so tough for me. I have this issue with distance training and losing weight. Since I actually gained during my marathon training, I have this idea that I can't do both-lose weight and run... That's stupid, and a loss this week would prove it to me once and for all! Speaking of training... I ran 11.5 miles this past Saturday without stopping! I am amazed and psyched and feel like I really am a runner this time.


Going forward we have a short 8 miler Saturday, a 14 miler the next week, a short run, rest and then RACE June 5th! I feel good about this one... I sense a PR in my future! ?

No comments: