Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter sucks and there's more to life than a diet

Snow is expected to start before dawn with a predicted 5-8 inches before it's all over. Our weekly 6 a.m. run is cancelled. I am a little disappointed but I am not going to let it ruin my weekend. I will go to the gym instead --- something I didn't do much of this week. Heck, I may even swim?!

I stuck my neck out this week at work. I probably won't be making any friends and part of me just doesn't care. I was recently denied a raise on a technicality and I am feeling a little bitter. I took a a few days off and decided that I'm going to do the job I was hired for and stop trying to make it into something it's not. I will not regain my 'professional' status by paying bills for the library. I know I am a decent writer, but it makes no sense to stress over researching and writing grants that I am not being fairly compensated to write. I need to accept that this job is a MOM job, flexible hours, no commute, good benefits and crappy pay... oh well. I will have to be fulfilled elsewhere.

I am going to take a photography class in March. It's not like I have any free money lying around, but I think my life has to become more of a priorty around here and I am worth the $299. I need to move beyond the fact that I NEVER go out during the week. I don't like to impose on my mother, babysitters are too expensive and my DH is just not dependable. He always has a million excuses about why he just can't make it home on time, and I just haven't had the patience to deal with the drama and disappointment. I need to ask my mom.

The course I found is through continuing education and it's a class to fully learn how to use a SLR digital camera. I just got a Canon Rebel in November and haven't really figured it out yet. It's something that I would like to learn (as well as a good photoshop lesson). I think I am pretty artistic, and this could be a good hobby for me. Plus it's just five weeks and not too much to put on my mom, who I am sure would be glad to help me out.

Everything in my life can't always center around losing weight and staying in shape.

No comments: