Sunday, February 26, 2012

An unexpected afternoon..

Sleepover worked out better for me than for my daughter, as the 'frenemy' left at 10 because she wanted to sleep in her own bed and my daughter was left with just her best friend which although there were tears - was the best thing that could have happened. They slept, made breakfast, played and it was comfortable for everyone... no drama.
-
Sunday turned out to be an unexpected joy - a friend cancelled plans and left my daughter and I to make zuccini bread and horse treats, run some errands and visit the farm up the street. Of course the casual nature of the day came to a screeching halt when I had to drive to my brother's house at 5:00, 35 miles away to pick up daughter number one... Noone called so I could meet the bus as they drove within a few miles of my house on their way back from the weekend retreat...
-
I got out there as fast as I could -53 minutes... She was tired; I could see it in how she held her body, her back to me as I walked into the kitchen. When she turned to greet me her eyes were hollow with dark circles... She was so ready to go home. I made quick conversation and stood at the counter to stretch my legs before driving the hour back. It seemed like mere minutes before we were passing through the tolls. As we drove, she talked about how much fun she had but then the tone switched when I told her about the alarm on her Kindle that had gone off all weekend and noone could shut it off because she had set up a password.... and then.... She absolutely flipped about me having no business touching her PRIVATE stuff and if I did anything to it I would be sorry...(whatever that means).
-
THANK YOU BIPOLAR...So much for a peaceful Sunday evening... From there it degenerated into "STOP TREATING ME LIKE A BABY - YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO and I'M NOT GOING TO SCHOOL TOMORROW!! --- oh and I HATE YOU, YOU'RE THE WORST MOTHER EVER!!!!!
-
All of this was unprovoked and unsolicited. Other than the first (what I thought to be a light observation) I spoke not a word outloud (though I certainly had plenty to say telepathicly). I really hate the fact that this illness has hijacked my family. I know that the unpredictable, outrageous emotion is nothing that my daughter chooses to say or believes... I know it is a diarhea of the mind... Regardless it is still hard to hear and mentally exhausting... It makes me grateful for the "away" time... I am thankful for my weekend of REST and unexpected afternoon of normal.

No comments: