Monday, April 16, 2012

Vacation, but not for me...

It is Monday, the first day of vacation for the girls,but not for me. I worked yesterday so I could have Tuesday off. Noone wanted to work Tuesday, so I have to work Tuesday night. Wednesday is usually my "day off" but I am debating going in for a few hours in the morning, b/c Thursday I have a "procedure" in the afternoon and I am not sure how I am going to feel... My kids have one planned event for the week and as their "JULIE MCCOY CRUISE DIRECTOR" I am wracking my brain trying to come up with ideas that won't kill us financially because right now I feel like we are bleeding...

It's stressful being me.

I remember school vacations as a week to sleep in, watch too much TV and procrastinate away all the ideas I had of getting ahead in school work or finishing that book/project/report by the end of the week... Today it's all about "How come we aren't going to Florida?" "What are we doing?" and the ever popular..."I'm bored!"

I am going to do my best to keep it together, not get pissed off about stupid stuff, and not stress about the master plan... It's really OK to do NOTHING... Nothing that is except EAT... and I have made some bad decisions this past weekend... Think Muffin top, pizza x2, CHEESE, fried calamari... I really don't know what came over me, but it needs to stop NOW! I started my morning with oatmeal, fruit, black coffee and almond milk.... I have to go grocery shopping for the week and I am going to choose grillable meat/shrimp, veggies... no crap!

We ran 9 miles Saturday and one of them was at 9:06 ... amazing for me!! At this rate we could actually finish the half in under 2:30 --- How cool would that be? Very, provided I don't let my butt expand before I have the chance to try!

No comments: