Monday, February 18, 2013

Vacation....

I love my children. I hate February vacation. It's too cold to be outside - single digits, a wicked wind chill. We've been home for most of the weekend and now they want something FUN to do. I am at a loss...

It was much easier when they were younger; the movies were exciting, Chucky Cheese in a pinch, or even McDonalds was a 2 hour distraction. Now that they are 10 and 13-- it's tough. They are bored, and everything I suggest is met with naahhhh... No crafts, no gym, no swimming, no skating. They would go to the mall if I suggested it, but I would rather poke my eyes out. The Science Museum will be wall to wall people - even if they thought they'd want to go (which they probably wouldn't). I don't want to hear how BORED they are all day long... It's 10:30 am!! Noone else is home. They all went to Florida. "Why can't we EVER go to Disney?"

There is a fire, the laundry is almost done for today, I have 2 new books and I've been out for a walk. If it weren't for the whining I would be in heaven. I love my children.

No comments: