Sunday, September 29, 2013

Getting Mentally Prepared for the Future...

I purposely did nothing today. I had it in my mind that I wanted to watch football, but the stupid Patriots aren't on until 8:30 tonight and that is too late for my afternoon of sloth... I finished washing and folding all of the laundry (though the put away fairy could show up anytime)and I know I have to cook dinner. I walked the dog, walked my daughter and walked through an open house up the street. We are not moving. I mowed the lawn for what I hope will be the last time of the year. The leaves are starting to change and it will be a matter of days before the lawn is covered and I need to rake. 

We are moving forward on our kitchen remodel. I sent a check to the contractor for plans, the kitchen designer will be out tomorrow to finalize our layout and offer suggestions... Things could begin any day since we have to move a door and change out a few windows.  The big demo isn't scheduled til the first of the year; and then we'll be in rubble for some months. I can't wait to have my house the way I want it. All of the things we have lived with for 10 years will be fixed. It's an old house and there will always be issues, but we'll finally have a nice place to land at the end of the day and prepare our food, do our homework and generally just hang out. The kitchen is the heart of the home. 

I am rested, but tired. There isn't anything crazy going on next week, but it is still daunting none the less. I have to psych my self up. Work, School, Rides, Getting up Early, Packing lunches.... Oh yeah, and my girl's both have their birthdays.. That means cake for breakfast, gatherings with friends and doing my best to head off drama and disappointment. My soon to be 14 year old typically ends her birthday in tears, so I will do what I can to make sure that doesn't happen this year. We've got Corn Maze night friday and a day at the Aquarium Sunday afternoon. DH will be in Canada. Breathe deep. For now I am enjoying a quiet night of 60 minutes, football and a warm bed... 


No comments: