Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I AM NOT FAT

Yesterday I went to the Dr. for my annual  three year physical... My doctor is very matter of fact and OK with whatever works for me to stay healthy in body and mind. I told her I didn't want to see my weight and her only comment: "WOW - whatever you're doing, keep it up... your weight is on the high side of normal, but fine... your blood work perfect... Go get a mammogram..."

I AM NOT OBESE. I AM NOT OVERWEIGHT. I AM on the high side of NORMAL!

This is big. This has not been the case for more than 20 years....

I have an appointment next Monday with the sports medicine doctor to look at my trick hip, and other than that I am 100% ! I feel so proud.

This past weekend we went to a local fair for a 4-H goat show. Fried everything - potatoes, twinkies, dough, meat, with all sorts of toppings..... apple crisp (my favorite), cider donuts.....and I had none of it. The thing is - I didn't feel deprived, I felt EMPOWERED. I really am in control of my health for the first time in a very LONG time. It's just awesome!

I want to ride this feeling for as long as possible.

SO - Gym today and spin tomorrow. I still feel some stress with school schedules and kid angst, but I will work with it and do my best to come up with a plan for the fall that we can thrive on. I want to get strong muscles/definition. I thought about Cross Fit, but it ain't cheap so I may consider a trainer once a month to keep me on track, design routines, help me set goals.

AND I am really thinking about my fall wardrobe. I bought a couple of dresses - size 8, new jeans - size 8 and a pretty skirt, but need much more. It's actually fun to try things on, though still a little unnerving... I keep thinking THAT WILL NEVER FIT ME!  or that pants will be tight and when they fit I am still in disbelief...

I am taking a break from therapy for a while, it was feeling a little claustrophobic, but I'll continue to work these feelings through... I have a good set of tools and a definite sense that I deserve to look good and it really is true:  I AM NOT FAT.

No comments: