Thursday, September 26, 2013

Moving...

I am ambivalent about my new car. It is nice, new, and expensive. It enables me to transport myself and my kids from A to B without worrying about breaking down or not starting... My kids are no longer embarrassed to offer rides to their friends or have me pull up without the heat shield rattling and a leaky exhaust sounding like a formula one race car. Whatever...

I got mad at my teen this morning. She called me a bitch for no good reason - I think I may have asked her to get her lunch box from her back pack... She is bipolar, she can turn on a dime and 90% of the time I let it slide. This morning it just struck me; brought a tear to my eye. I just made your lunch, found you socks, cooked you pancakes and found your play script and you call me a BITCH? THAT IS NOT OK. I let her know as she walked out the door without offering an apology... not OK...

When I opened my email this morning I found that my teen had hacked my accounts for ITUNEs and NetFlix and promptly changed them in such a way that she will NEVER access them again... WHY does she feel so entitled???   I don't get it.

Focusing on the positive...
Teen went to the gym last night and actually lifted weights with me. Nothing heavy - I want her to go back - so we did chest press, lat pull downs, triceps, and bicep curls. We did a quick 10 minute warm up on the tread mill. My heart rate was 91, my teen's 145.... She could not be more out of shape! I hope this will be day one of many...

DD2 - also on the heavy side (so blessed with my genes...) wants to improve her mile run time. We went a few weeks ago and she did 15:34 complaining all the way... This week she wanted an extra horse lesson, so I bargained for a 1 mile run without complaining. Begrudgingly she did it last night (along with me...) 10:34... and she wants to get better. In fact she wants to get under 9 minutes... We have plans to work out Friday after school. I hope she will follow through - it will be good for both of us.

I haven't lifted weight in a few years. As I did bicep curls to the mirror I had a chance to see how I really look.  I am SHOCKED and amazed and happy for the first time in DECADES... Always room for improvement, but WOW!

And my husband was called for his hypnosis appointment. The three month wait is over!  He said he would go... I hope he won't flake. Trying to get my brother on board as well so they will not flake together! FINGERS CROSSED - They both need it!!

No comments: