Friday, October 25, 2013

Measuring success without measuring.

I didn't step on the scale this week - again. I have no idea what I weigh. I am curious, but not enough to do it...I made it to the gym for what turned out to be the hardest spin class ever and followed it up with an upper body weight lifting session. All of my issues (hip/shoulder) were kept in check thanks to my morning friend Aleve and I walked out feeling AWESOME. I want to be stronger. I want to get definition. I really want it.

I have NO clothes. I threw them out at the end of last season and now it's getting cold. I really haven't been in a shopping mood.I want to buy clothes that will anchor my wardrobe and I haven't felt ready to make the investment until this week. Leaving the gym on a high note, I headed for Nordstroms Rack for a pair of jeans. I came out with 2, each retailed at over $150.00. I got them for $40. Eileen Fisher is a brand that oozes conservative, timeless quality. They feel like butter - soft and the fit is perfect. Now I know why they cost so much. I added a couple of quality base layer t-shirts and left the store feeling satisfied. I can safely put the ankle length summer wear away for the winter.

I know that clothing is vanity sized and I know that a size 6 today is not the same as it was 20 years ago. Well, I don't really care. I was a 14 last year in a vanity size and now its a 6. I would call that success!

No comments: