Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Am I one of those people?

First let me say I had an AWESOME spin class today!  I love this teacher. She really knows how to motivate and the new release is just the best!  I came away feeling GREAT!

On the way out of the gym, in all my greatness, I saw a woman I've known for years - Our kids are around the same age so we've experienced many kid activities and events around town together... We were also members of the Y for a long time; and while she slimmed down after babies and became a spin instructor, I struggled with my weight and was a spin student...

Today we're at a new gym, this woman's no longer a spin instructor and she's probably put on 20 lbs. It was the first thing I noticed!  I don't want to be one of THOSE PEOPLE - The kind that are jealous of another's success, who relish signs of failure... It's not a good trait... I started to wonder what will happen if I put on a few pounds (not that I have any intention of doing so). Is there someone out there who will be my judge? Or...

I am really so insecure in my weight loss. While I threw out all of my winter sweaters, coats and pants, I kept 3 pairs of jeans in my bottom drawer. WHY?  They are size 14. They are too big - like WAY too big... and I don't ever want to fit into them again. But its almost like I am my own judge... sitting in wait until the day that I can smugly say that "You've gained it all back, I knew you would!" Then I would open the drawer and have three pairs of jeans... I don't want to be one of THOSE PEOPLE.

I really need to work on this.

No comments: