Tuesday, November 12, 2013

BREATHE....

I am mentally exhausted. I could really use a solid 48 hours of no kids, commitment, stress... It's not going to happen so I need to suck it up.

My daughter's play was this weekend. She was stressed Friday, hyper Saturday and by Sunday night - mean.  She made some unreasonable requests and could not hear the word NO without spewing a lot of vile words at me. She ended the weekend yesterday mad at one of her only friends and I had to intervene before she made the situation worse. We ended  the night at her counseling appointment which I thought was a good thing until she didn't get up this morning and ended up being late to school -and mean again!!. UGH...

For most of the weekend I kept my composure. I was placid and helpful. This morning I was NOT in a good space. I am certain if my daughter had not made the decision to finally get up I would have lost it.  I ... I just feel the stress in my chest and its heavy. I need to just workout right now and work is not really where I want to be.

On the bright side, I ran Saturday morning. I felt good. I raked the yard and cleaned out the gardens. I picked out a range hood for the kitchen remodel - the last requirement to order the cabinets. The cleaners are coming today - HOORAY - and I am putting a list together for Christmas. Our vacation in January is PAID in full. The best thing is tomorrow is WEDNESDAY and I get to SPIN and take a long hot shower...

Next stop Holiday Madness... I need to make ME and my health (both physical and mental) a priority. Life can not be a chore!


No comments: